With our impending Fall time change, Winter is just around the corner.
That means it’s time to prepare your home for colder weather.
Here are four important things homeowners should do to prepare their Boise homes for winter weather.
Blow Out Your Sprinklers
- Repairing frozen sprinkler systems can be costly.
- Sprinkler blowouts for typical Boise homes cost around $35.
- Prevention is cheaper than repairs.
Clean Your Gutters
- Clogged gutters can result in overflowing gutters, which can lead to water in your crawlspace.
Close Your Foundation Vents
- Crawlspace ventilation is generally a good thing, but not so good during the coldest winter months.
- It’s a good idea to close your foundation vents now, especially if your home lacks insulated floors.
- Leaving hoses connected to outside faucets can (will?) result in frozen faucets and ruptured pipes in your crawlspace.
- It’s best to disconnect any hoses from faucets and drain the water from those hoses before we have freezing temperatures.